Before you take any action it is important for you to consider several factors:
- Are there existing online reviews, where are they located, are they "real"?
- How do most of your customers find you? eg. Google search, Google ads, local directory, yellow pages (unlikely), paid Facebook ads, online community groups, word of mouth.
- What is your current process for asking for customer feedback and referrals?
It is vital that you take control of your online positioning:
- Claim and verify your Google My Business Page
- Claim and verify your business profile in local directories
If you have existing reviews that are less than 4 STARS, or without any comments - we need to take action.
If you have particularly negative reviews, less than 3 STARS than you need to determine whether they are "real". You may have been falsely spammed. You need to take action:
- Advise the directory, request removal.
- Make a professional reply comment to the review asking them to contact you directly as you do not have customers with their name and that you are keen to resolve their concerns.
- Proactively request customer reviews, or contact us to help you with this process.
You probably get the feedback from clients verbally, now you need to get them to add their comment on their preferred profile.
Going forward asking for 5 Star reviews, if they are happy with your service, needs to be part of every customer experience.
- Ask them to LIKE your Business Facebook page! You will be able to stay in touch with them in the future.
- AND ask them to leave a 5 Star review if they are happy with your product/service (yes this is repeated for good reason!)
- Ask them to "check-in"...this status update is shared to their friends.
- Let them know if you have a Youtube Channel with useful videos that they could look at.
- If you are offering FREE WIFI, please contact us. We can help you maximise this service using SOCIAL WIFI - connects your customers to your Facebook page, and allows you to automatically message them with VIP offers.
Followup with client via text, email or post to ask for a 5 star review if they were happy with your services.
Check out my videos to access my 'smart templates".
- If you have FREE WIFI, then you need to move to SOCIAL WIFI to automate reviews, promote specials/offers/deals, etc.